10 Health Benefits of Honey
Honey is an awesome food that has tremendous benefits for the body and mind. That’s why it has been used over the centuries for its multiple benefits, including its ability to boost energy levels as well as strengthen the immune system. Honey – and especially raw, unfiltered honey – has different practical applications that make it one of the best natural remedies for overall good health. Incorporate honey into your diet to reap the benefits of this magical food. Find out the top 10 health benefits of honey.
1. Helps with Allergies
One of the best uses of honey has to do with allergies. When it comes to pesky seasonal allergies, as well as those caused by pets or dust mites, honey may be one of the best remedies to treat symptoms. Honey has various anti-inflammatory characteristics that fight allergy symptoms. Moreover, it naturally helps to protect against certain allergens; in a way, it’s a vaccine itself, because it contains a trace amount of pollen. Honey is best consumed raw and local, and especially organic honey. Make sure to consult your doctor before consuming honey for allergy.
2. More EnergyMonotonous, repetitive, static; those are all words that describe modern lifestyles, ones that consist of waking up, going to the office, getting back home, eating a quick dinner, and off to bed. Our daily routines can leave us feeling overworked and tired. That’s where honey comes in handy: it can naturally boost our energy levels, giving us the force needed to carry out our tasks and responsibilities. Honey contains high levels of carbohydrates, as well as glucose and fructose, which enter our bloodstream, giving us an instant boost of energy. Add a teaspoon of honey to your morning tea for a natural energy boost.
3. Intellectual Development
Do you feel as if you tend to forget the most basic of details, such as relevant dates, names, and even birthdays? Do you find yourself unable to form a clear chain of thought, or unable to come up with new, creating ideas? If so, honey might help you in fomenting your creative ability, by providing the brain with more energy to think and process thoughts. Honey can also improve memory by helping your brain to recover thoughts faster. Honey contains antioxidants that help the cells of the brain to thrive and stay in great shape.
4. Fights Cough
One of the greatest benefits of honey is its ability to treat the common cold, as well as many of its most common symptoms, including a couch. Whether you’re suffering from a dry or wet cough, honey can help reduce irritability as well as pain and discomfort. Simply mix some honey into your cup of tea, and drink. Optionally, you can consume a tablespoon of raw honey; this acts as a cough syrup, but a tastier and sweeter one. Remember not to give raw honey to infants.
5. Sleep AidMany of us are unable to get a good night’s rest, either because our internal clock isn’t correctly tuned, or because we don’t take the right steps to make sleep easier. For example, you shouldn’t watch TV half an hour before bed, and smartphones should also be avoided before bed. Lucky for us, honey can naturally induce sleep, as well as improve sleep quality. Honey acts as a sleep aid because its sweet content helps to raise insulin levels, which in turn release serotonin, which is then converted to melatonin; the latter is a key component in creating sleep.
6. Balances the BodyHoney has been used for a long time across the world for its natural properties, which are believed to give good health and stability. The same goes for the mind, which greatly benefits from honey’s natural energy-boosting capability. In the Ayurvedic culture, honey is believed to balance the body, and in the process, improve well-being and eyesight. Other practical benefits are also reported, including weight loss as well as protection against nausea. That’s why honey is often used in tandem with other herbal remedies to take advantage of its benefits.
7. Blood Sugar ControlIt is a well-known fact that a large part of the population suffers from unhealthy levels of blood sugar. This is due to the outrageous amount of refined sugars that are part of many processed foods, including junk food, chips, soda, and candy. When the body receives high levels of white sugar, it can disturb optimal levels of blood sugar. However, honey can be used as a sweetener, just like white sugar. The most notable difference is that honey doesn’t increase blood sugar levels, making it a wonderful alternative to traditional sweeteners.
8. AntibacterialIf you get a cut on your skin, what’s the first thing you do? Well, for most of us at least, rushing to the bathroom cabinet for some rubbing alcohol seems natural. Surprisingly, honey is also antibacterial, making it a great alternative to rubbing alcohol. Apply honey onto the skin to protect against infection. Likewise, honey can be applied to the fact to treat acne and other skin conditions. Moreover, honey is composed mainly of simple sugars, which dry the skin, helping to treat cuts and other ailments. Be sure to rinse the skin with warm water and soap after using honey.
9. Digestion HelpOne of the best benefits that honey offers are its ability to promote good digestion and optimal intestinal health. That’s because honey is rich in friendly, gut-helping bacteria. This is known as probiotics, and they can also be found in yogurts. This bacteria helps the gut to digest food, and it can even protect against certain diseases. Honey contains lactobacilli as well as bifidobacteria, which, when combined, can significantly improve stomach health. Consume honey with yogurt for a natural health boost for the stomach. Natural and unfiltered honey boasts the highest levels of probiotics, making them a great alternative.
10. Betters SkinIf you are concerned about your skin, look no further; honey is a godsend for good skin: it improves tightness, it moisturizes, and it can even make your skin look younger. Because of its nourishing properties, honey has been used for a long time as an all-natural skin treatment. For people with wrinkly skin, honey can be applied as a face mask; it’s tightening capabilities can help to reduce signs of aging. Moreover, it can help reduce blemishes. And best of all, its antibacterial elements fight acne and other bacteria.
CAD0.00 — CAD3000.00
Search By Character